Friday, November 4, 2011

Hitting the Streets!

I feel like I've really got some things accomplished today and all before 9:00 AM. I hit the streets this morning on my way to INCOG, I decided to stop by both the elementary and high school in order to get some flyers out. About 400 flyers later every student and faculty member at Depew public schools has received a DesignWorks invitation. I'm getting some great feedback from the faculty and am very happy for their support!

I then traveled about town placing posters and flyers for community members to see and pick up. Some of my locations included: PDQ, Superior Pipe, Dough Boyz, the Post Office, Spanglers, Jan'z Sandwich Shop, Depew Florist, the Beauty Salon, and also Town Hall. I'm still missing a few locations and I'm hoping to connect with them tomorrow or Monday morning. Speaking of tomorrow, Depew will be holding a Fall Craft Fair at the Kohler Villa on Main Street. I'm planning to attend, not only for my interest in the vendors, but I also thought it would be a great place to advertise for DesignWorks. I must restock my supply of flyers before the event. I'm also planning a little door-to-door action in dispersing the flyers as well.

Thanks to a great idea from my husband, I also stopped by our local radio station, KREK, this morning. KREK announces a community calendar in the mornings covering local events. They said announcing it should be no problem, I'm excited about DesignWorks being announced on air! I'm also in the process of contacting the Bristow Record to spread the news to a wider audience.

I'm really getting excited about the event and want to thank everyone for their support and hopefully attendance!

No comments:

Post a Comment